Monday, June 16, 2008

Photo: Grateful

Grateful. In three days I will be 39 years old. I am grateful for so many things. Birthdays for me can be emotional. I am thinking that this birthday is going to be extremely different. I am wiser. So I live this life thinking about what I am thankful for, rather than the alternative. I am thankful for the ability to walk. I am thankful for the ability to hear, speak, and see clearly. I am thankful for the food in my refrigerator, the home I live in, my safety. I am thankful for love in my life. I am thankful for my job. I am thankful for the 4 positively healthy cats that live with me and love me. These are things that I am thankful for everyday. I say these affirmations, this mantra twice a day aloud. For me being grateful and giving thanks is a moment to celebrate, everyday. Today if you choose, think about, and say aloud the things that you are thankful for. Namaste.

7 comments:

liz mataraza said...

what a beautiful post. it's amazing how your thoughts on these things change as you get older. i used to take all of these things for granted, but not that i'm grown, i see that any of it can be taken away in less than a second. really wakes a person up, huh?

anyway, the sneaks are on the slide show. you have to wait for the current kit to go (like 3 slides), then it starts with 'via airmail' (the name of july's kit). they are wonderful!!!

do you get the sc kits? i was reluctant, but it's really cutting back on my paper expenses!

sorry for the longest post ever!

Sarah Coggins said...

Those are wonderful things to be thankful for!! :)

Creative Junkie said...

Happy early birthday! I turned 41 this year and I'm feeling very much what you are feeling now. And you are so right ... it's good to remind ourselves of how very much we have to be thankful for.

Jennie said...

I turned 46 this year and am grateful for each and every day I have with my family. Love the pic of yourself :)
Jennie

Danielle Flanders said...

Such a beautiful photo of you! Thanks for stopping by my blog today and have a happy birthday!!
Danielle

Janet said...

Beautiful post! And happy birthday, a bit early!

Anonymous said...

Melina,

Just wanted to say I enjoy your blog. You have a delightful spirit. I'm LaLaMii on 2Peas. Drop me a line sometime.

LL